This trending phenomenon with a majority of millennials never really “died” so to speak as it has been in the cross-sight of jokes for a couple of decades now.
Dads everywhere have continued wearing dad shoes despite ongoing ridicule from their sons and daughters. Not only dad shoes, but jorts, cheap shades, and a craving for the nearest sizzling fajitas.
Today, millions of people all over the world are in love with dad shoes! Everyone from your average dad to your celeb dad is going crazy over this “new” trend of wearing what they’ve always worn. Even women are getting in on the trend, because why should dads be the only ones to delve into dad-fashion?
Not sure if your shoes are Nike dad shoes?
Just imagine the most “uncool” Nike bulky shoes from the 90’s and you most likely have an illustrious pair of dad shoes. Are they perfect for mowing in? Do they go perfectly with a pair of jorts? Would your dad play a game of pickup basketball against the neighborhood kids at the end of a cul-de-sac? Then you probably have a cool pair of pre-2000’s dad shoes.
Like many other recent trends, the dad shoe craze really took off on Instagram when many celeb type people started rocking these once atrocious sneakers all over.
Also, like many other trends, people followed in mass and started rocking these shoes too. Ironically, these shoes are being praised and purchased by many of the same people that used to relentlessly slaughter cool dads everywhere.
So let’s talk about specific sets of dad shoes. Even if you think you have a great pair, they may not be for you. Just because they’re perfect for one dad doesn’t mean that they’re ideal for all dads.
The wrong pair could mean disaster when you go up to block little 10 year old Jimmy’s layup and dunk all over him.
Nike Air Huarache Ultra
- The fit of the Nike Air Huarache Ultra is snug and quite comfortable according to many owners. This is really the main point of many shoes and a big selling point for dads everywhere
- Though many dads like bulky shoes, this is lightweight and can be packed easily for road trips
- Great ankle support, which means you’ll be safer in that neighborhood basketball tourney with all the dads
- Beyond dads, women actually enjoy this shoe because it actually goes well with active wear and many summer outfits.
- This dad shoe has been reported as squeaky when used, and also recommended to be sized in a store. If you have narrow feet, this roomy shoe can create an issue if not sized well
Nike Air Max 270 Bowfin
- Many owners have stated that the Nike Air Max 270 Bowfin is a very durable sneaker. It has a thicker rubber outsole that makes it ideal for running trails and chasing the kids
- Shorter dads love the fact that it adds a few inches or so to their height. This is due to the fact that it has a very chunky sole. Suddenly, dads that are 5’9 are now 6 feet tall and loving every minute of it
- Snug fit with cushioning comfort, while having plenty of room for your toes
- While snug isn’t really a bad thing, the fact that it’s snug means you’ll likely need a half-size bigger or so, and you might have an issue with the fit if you have a wider foot
Nike Air Max 95 Essential
- Out of over 1000 reviewers, nearly all of them gave the Nike Air Max 95 Essential dad shoes two thumbs up for comfort
- This is one of the more stylish looking Nike dad shoes on the market today. These particular sneakers are highly recognized for quality, aesthetics, and comfort overall
- These are ideal for many occasions, whether it’s to hit the gym, or hit a casual hangout. These shoes go with many different outfits and events
- Even after wearing these shoes for several hours, many wearers report that they were still very comfortable.
- While bulky is generally what dad shoes are all about, these particular shoes seem to be bulkier and heavier than many, making it a little bit of a pain to deal with.
- Some people have mentioned that these shoes run a little wide, so it’s wise to make sure they fit correctly before throwing down your dad dollars on a pair
While there are many options for dad shoes, these are some of the best on the market. They are also some of the top-reviewed and most-liked. Just like any fashion statement or trend, make sure you shop around and try out many different Nike dad shoes. Some of the best-hidden gems are those that stand out from the rest of the dads.
Have a question about dad shoes? Contact us any time to let us know how you feel.
Think dad shoes are the shit? Let us know by leaving a comment below!